Ditch Your Commute – Vital Marketing Role here in the Tri-Valley
Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group (ITV) is a high energy collaborative of business leaders advancing the brand – Tri-Valley: The Heart of California Innovation. ITV is improving the innovation climate of the region, spurring job growth, and expanding the vibrant Tri-Valley community by bringing together companies, non-profits, and regional thought leaders committed to innovation. Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group amplifies the unified voice of the business, education, health care and government stakeholders in the 5 cities and 2 counties that comprise the Tri-Valley Region.
This thriving organization is seeking a strategic communicator who can easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment and develop fresh marketing efforts that get the Tri-Valley innovation community recognized in new ways. If digital marketing, superb writing, exciting marketing presentations, and access to the most interesting innovators in the region excites you, this flexible 30 HR work week may be an ideal next step in your career – without the commute.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will work primarily out of our Pleasanton office, yet can also work from home, and reports directly to our CEO. The primary mission is to push-out marketing campaigns and communications that effectively advance the daily business of the organization and increase awareness of the Tri-Valley innovation ecosystem. A bachelor’s degree, proficiency in social media, PowerPoint, and all MS Office programs are required.
- Oversee development and implementation of an annual communications and media relations plan and activation, assuring strong focused message for emerging regional innovation brand. Lead all media and PR efforts.
- Initiate new ways to attract, grow, and communicate with our growing regional community of supporters.
- Drive visibility for ITV and all of its Partners every day.
- Coordinate the overall communication effectiveness of the organization, maximizing every opportunity for consistent, bold communication with both internal and external audiences.
- Create polished internal communications materials, including board meeting minutes, advocacy issue letters and committee presentations.
- Coordinate media interest in the organization, ensure regular contact with target media and provide compelling responses to media requests.
- Create and execute all digital and traditional communications including social media, Enewsletter content, press releases and event outreach.
- Proactively encourage the sharing of Partner news and successes, and coordinate distribution of all data and information so ITV leverages fresh information on a daily basis.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of success in the design and execution of effective marketing and brand communications.
- Demonstrated success in creating relationships with media, and preparing effective content that is compelling for all types of media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of effective print materials and publications.
- Excellent communication skills in person, online, on the phone and in writing.
- Excellent ability with, and affinity for, managing details.
- Ability to multi-task, and oversee a wide variety of projects at one time.
- Undergraduate degree marketing, communications or related field required.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, team player.
ROLE: Part-time, 30 HR Week, flexible work schedule, some mandatory event dates. Start date immediate.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter stating why you are a good match for this role to [email protected]