Mission: Developing and Support Sustainable, Replicable and Scalable Programs to Prepare Students for College and Careers in the 21st Century
Regionalism and Advocacy: Innovation Tri-Valley Education Committee includes leaders from education, business and political offices all working together to advocate and create strong regional programs to prepare students for a 21st Century workforce.
- K-12 Project Lead the Way Continuum: The four Tri-Valley school districts have a strong focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics through Project Lead the Way in middle and high school. Expanding the program to begin in elementary school creates a pipeline of interested students as students enter middle and high school. This is a project in its infancy with two teachers from each school district piloting Project Lead the Way Launch in the 2014/2015 school year.
- Design to Manufacturing Academy: A program developed at Sandia to introduce high school students to the advanced manufacturing process. Students start with the initial concept design then manufacture a part and then test to failure.
- TEDx: “Uncorking Creativity” , the upcoming TEDx is planned for September 2015. The goal is to live-stream at the Bankhead Theater with four satellite sites throughout the Tri-Valley school districts planned for September 2014.
- Career Pathway Trust: In order to further increase regional career pathways, the Tri-Valley school districts in partnership with Las Positas Community College have jointly applied for the Career Pathways Trust.
- IISME- IISME (Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education) places teacher fellows at participating business to gain hands-on experience in the practical applications of the subject they teach in order to better prepare the future workforce.
- Dream Makers and Risk Takers: Highlighting student innovation and creativity in the Tri-Valley at the Dream Makers and Risk Takers award ceremony planned for October 2014.
- Future Event: Tri-Valley Education Conference- a regional business and education conference featuring best practices in education and roundtable discussions with industry partners in 2016.
View the PowerPoint presentation from February 14, 2014 here ».