Global Solutions Drive Tri-Valley’s Most Influential Women
Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group Board Chair,
Stephanie Beasly Honored by San Francisco Business Times
Pleasanton, CA – October 9, 2023 – Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group (ITV) is proud to shine a spotlight on seven honorees of the 2023 San Francisco Business Times’ 100 Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business honored on October 3rd at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square. Seven of the 100 women heralded were leaders in organizations with a major business presence in the Tri-Valley, and represent companies that have invested in the region as long-term business partners to the ITV organization.
ITV Board Chair Stephanie Beasly, was honored for her work in Executive Strategy at Sandia National Laboratories and for blazing the trail for women leaders in the organizations she serves. “I’m the first female board chair for i-GATE Innovation Hub and now Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group. I’m inspired and motivated by opportunities to pave the path for women to drive change, innovate and collaborate. Our communities, organizations and families are better when strong, resilient and innovative women have a seat at the table.” said Beasly.
“These extraordinary women sit at the helm of some of the world’s most influential institutions while transforming the companies and communities they represent. As the Tri-Valley continues its ascendance as the Heart of California Innovation, it is validating to see the San Francisco Business Times acknowledge these power players from the region” states ITV CEO, Katie Marcel.
2023 SFBT Most Influential Honorees from Tri-Valley
- Kim Budil, Director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL): Budil made history as the first woman to lead LLNL as Director. LLNL’s recent breakthrough in fusion ignition, a monumental scientific achievement with far-reaching implications for national defense and clean energy, further underscores her remarkable leadership.
- Lisa Dyson, Co-Founder and CEO of Air Protein: Dr. Dyson’s Pleasanton-based company is a pioneer in producing air-based protein, requiring no agriculture or farmland. Her groundbreaking work has the potential to revolutionize the future of food sustainability.
- Carla Peterman, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs for PG&E: Peterman holds a key role at PG&E, one of the largest combined natural gas and electric energy companies in the United States, contributing significantly to its corporate affairs and energy initiatives.
- Maria Ansari, CEO and Executive Director for The Permanente Medical Group: Dr. Ansari leads this physician-led medical group, which collaborates with Kaiser Permanente to serve over 3.8 million members in Northern California.
- Mehrnaz Boroumand Smith, Partner with Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton: Smith provides global counsel to innovative companies and brands, playing a pivotal role in shaping the business landscape.
- Christina Clark, Vice Chairman, Newmark: Clark is a global real estate strategist leading the expansion of Newmark’s Tenant Representation services.
Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group extends its heartfelt congratulations to all the exceptional women recognized for this prestigious honor, not only from Tri-Valley organizations but also from across the Bay Area.
About Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group (ITV)
Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group (ITV) is a collaborative group of industry leaders dedicated to the Tri-Valley: The Heart of California Innovation. By bringing together companies, non-profits, and regional thought leaders committed to innovation, ITV is improving the business climate of the region, spurring job growth, and expanding the vibrant Tri-Valley community. With more than 730 tech companies and a GDP of $42B, the region is home to some of the world’s most exciting innovation brands. Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Media contact information:
Katie Marcel, CEO
Innovation Tri-Valley Leadership Group